July 4, 2016 I VERTEX LONDON
HOW DOES SOMETHING CLASSIC BECOME TRENDY “AGAIN?”
What makes a product popular? What turns a style into a timeless trend? What allows a brand to survive for ages without fading away? Classic is never a phase; it’s an aesthetic perception that has been forged in our culture forever.
Classic can only be judged after enough time passes to transform something into a timeless icon that is accepted by the majority, serves as the established standard and has significant and lasting value. As Coco Chanel once said: “Fashion changes, but style endures.” Such style is what we may call it classic.
When it comes to cycling, Vertex aims to bring new life to those elements that are old but forever epic. Remember those classic but simple jerseys from the golden age? At that time, everything was purely simple about lines, shapes and colour blocking. From our perspective, the difference between Classic and Cliché is not the style itself but a way to demonstrate the details that make the garment come alive.
This season, Vertex wants to share these visions with you through a whole new approach:
- You don’t need a billboard; sometimes, a simple jersey is enough.
- Pantone colour blocking creates a classic look. But don’t forget, you are in style.
- Take off your heels so you can play sports, and yes, you are still under the spotlight
- Classic, bold prints are always the way to go.
- Pinstripes are a timeless element for gentlemen.
- Take a chance on different socks; your legs will light up.
- Opt for something different so you can stand out.
- The final and most important lesson: Wear clothes you can be yourself.
Who says sports can’t be elegant? It’s all up to you, isn’t it?